Tuesday 8 November 2011

SSI brings dive training online in Phuket

SCUBA Schools International (SSI) is the second largest school based diving certification agency in the world, and it’s growing at the rapid rate. It’s one of only two diving agencies that holds a global divers for over 40 years, and it’s the only diving agency that offers free online training. Operating in over 130 countries and with more than 2,400 SSI Dive Centers, SSI training materials are available in over 25 languages, including Thai.

Their commitment to service is more important to them than brand marketing. SSI have, as a result, seen an annual growth of over 35 per cent year-on-year across the region, and, since opening an Area Office in Thailand in 2002, they now employ 25 staff in five full service centres (two in Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines,Indonesia), and also have certification card printing facilities in 18 locations across eight counties with at least six more planned before the end of the year.
SSI Thailand has grown to 11 full-time staff, plus four experienced Dive Medical Technicians who emphasize and ensure diver safety. In fact, they regularly visit dive operations under the SSI umbrella and conduct assessment in all areas to ensure that safety standards are maintained.
High quality operators are critical to their success – they already work closely with 20 dive operators in Southern Thailand who have all had to comply rigorously with SSI standards in order to be part of the SSI network.
Sea Bees Diving, in Chalong, was the first dive operator in Thailand to be awarded the prestigious SSI Diamond Instructor Training Centre. With over 20 years experience in recreational diving, through day trips and liveaboard safaris, it’s also a training center for those who wish to become professional instructors. They have dive centers in Phuket, Khao Lak, Pak Meng and Phi Phi.
Gary Hawkes, SSI International Training Director, states: “Sea Bees Diving reflects the quality of diving operations that SSI likes to partner with. They ensure SSI divers new and old are diven the very best in service and standards available in the diving industry.”
“For Sea Bees Diving, SSI allows us to link our philosophy of diving together with an agency that has an established and reliable worldwide network and is a relationship that benefits all – whether they’re customers or dive professionals” says Holger Schwab, Managing Director of Sea Bees Diving.
Their free online training at www.diveSSI.com is part of the social networking features of SSI’s global website and online diver network which has over half a million regular users.
Earlier this year they advertised their free online training to gap year students across Europe using the slogan “Start online today...do your dives in Paradise”. Several thousand signed up, a few thousand of whom have already completed their courses in the region and they ecpect SSI dive centres in Phuket and across the west coast to benefit from this new influx during the coming high season.
But it’s not always about diving – supporting and funding locally based ecological projects directly is an equally important part of their operations. Assising with illegal wildlife trading, beach and dive site cleanups on Koh Phi Phi, artificial dive sites in Koh Tao and environmental projects involving local schools throughout Thailand are just sone of the project SSI are actively involved with.

24 comments:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new surveys are added- checkbox and from now on if a comment is added I receive four emails with similar comment. Possibly there is that is you are able to get rid of me from that service? Thanks! coral frags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you should update the php server on your webhost, WordPress is kinda slow..”.,- additional hints

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t usually comment but I gotta state thanks for the post on this perfect one : D. browse this site

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don’t usually comment but I gotta state thanks for the post on this perfect one : D. browse this site

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Very useful information specifically the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck. check my site

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love to do both online shopping and online window shopping for goods and other stuffs** check these guys out

    ReplyDelete
  7. senior living can be costly if you have not found a very good company or that offers a great deal, check these guys out

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much of an exciting piece of writing, continue creating companion check these guys out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, I conceive website owners should learn a lot from this web blog its rattling user genial . check these guys out

    ReplyDelete
  10. I discovered your blog site site on the search engines and check several of your early posts. Always maintain up the very good operate. I recently additional increase Rss to my MSN News Reader. Looking for toward reading much more on your part later on!… check these guys out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quickly and easily build your web traffic and PR, which provides Web site visitors to add your page to any social bookmarking website. check this link right here now

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just now discovered your blog post and now I’m remember to start with followers. check this link right here now

    ReplyDelete
  13. I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!… click for source

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some genuinely rattling work on behalf of the owner of this website , utterly great content material . check this link right here now

    ReplyDelete
  15. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to search out any individual with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is one thing that’s wanted on the web, somebody with a bit of originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet! find more info

    ReplyDelete
  16. The electronic cigarette uses a battery and a small heating component the vaporize the e-liquid. This vapor can then be inhaled and exhaled click for source

    ReplyDelete
  17. After examine a number of of the weblog posts in your website now, and I actually like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website checklist and can be checking again soon. Pls try my site as nicely and let me know what you think. click over here

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is noticeably a bundle comprehend this. I suppose you made specific nice points in functions also. find more info

    ReplyDelete
  19. Within the other hand, it doesn’t matter how high quality you are along with solving the latest platform, in due course you can utilize a situation in the place you should want to do a couple help approaching; additionally influenced by your actual age moreover gym, plus the dietary of any caravan it’s really a notably difficult physical fitness. caravan touch up paint click for more info

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya, I’m really glad I have found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and net stuff and this is actually frustrating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this website, and I will be visiting again. Do you do newsletters? I Can’t find it. click over here now

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I’ll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next! directory

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've learn several excellent stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you put to make this type of great informative web site their explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing browse this site.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good post. I learn something tougher on different blogs everyday. It'll at all times be stimulating to learn content from other writers and observe somewhat one thing from their store. I’d choose to use some with the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link in your internet blog. Thanks for sharing my review here.

    ReplyDelete